CLFA Committees 2019/2020
The CLFA President is a member of all committees.
*All Board members shall be part of Future Nominations Committee*
Committee Goals and Objectives
2019 - 2020
Forest Practice – Ariel Thomson-Chair, Rob Little, Andrea Eggleton, Harlan Tranmer
- Continue to work on CLFA representation at BOF
- Committee Chair to ensure that committee members are analyzing rule packages to formulate CLFA positions
Legislation – Jason Wells-Chair, Harlan Tranmer, Paul Violett, Joe Starr, Kieran O’Leary-Member
- Work with lobbyist to put together education/outreach
- Committee Chair to ensure that bills be assigned to committee members to track
- Committee should be co-chaired with the incoming committee chair beginning in January
Water & Wildlife – Gwyndolyn Ozard-Chair, Elicia Goldsworthy
- Be engaged with listing petitions, particularly analyzing supporting documentation.
Education – Elicia Goldsworthy-Chair, Ariel Thomson, Sara Taddo Jones, Gwyndolyn Ozard, Rob Little
- Plan and coordinate future Workshops and Conferences.
- Continue discussion with CAL FIRE about making Department’s forest practice curriculum available to CLFA members.
Outreach – Tony Gomez-Chair, Jason Wells, Rob Little, Joe Starr, Emil Mason
- Continue fostering student involvement.
- Work with nonprofit organizations for grant opportunities.
- Develop ideas on recruiting new members.
- Develop a mechanism to pair student members with potential summer work.
- Updates for 30 and 60-second forester videos, TV and radio commercials
Audit – Tony Gomez-Chair, Joe Starr, Harlan Tranmer
Work with Executive Director to develop an audit strategy that efficiently
tracks where money goes
- Transfer requests: savings vs. checking
- Paid receipts vs. checkbook register
Licensing – Ricky Shurtz-Chair, Elicia Goldsworthy, Tony Gomez
- Updates from the PFEC
Communication – Gwyndolyn Ozard-Chair, Jason Wells, Ricky Shurtz
- Update and maintain CLFA website
- Develop survey strategy for polling membership
- Insure that proper audio/video equipment is available for meetings, workshops, and conferences.
- Encourage participation in CLFA Facebook page.
- Maintain membership list and email groups to be given to breakfast group leaders